I've decided that Spring is my favorite season in the northwest. I've spent the majority of my life in upstate New York where Fall was my favorite. The leaves changing color on the trees and the crispness to the air among other things was why.
Here, spring is the season with intensity. You literally can feel it. It rains here a lot, as everyone knows, and I think when the sun makes it appearances after January, its a different sun than the one you see from time to time in the winter. The particularly odd thing about it is that even though it is always green here as opposed to New York and even though spring comes slowly in both places, it is more transforming here. You're ready for something new to begin. I'm ready
for Spring.
Today I took a walk through the Bellevue Botanical Garden near my home. I have never been there before and it was a great day for a walk. Just a bit too early to see that plants. It was cool to see the crocuses, since I love them so, and I'll have to come back again soon. I saw a hummingbird in the woods there today and that was truly cool.


I still think fall is my favorite season here. Finally getting relief from the brutal summer heat and knowing that we can have soups and stews and other winter comfort foods again is exciting. And the start of college football season.
ReplyDeleteBut, I'm very glad to see this winter finally ending here. I don't think I've been warm since Thanksgiving. haha
Beautiful photos!
Lovely Photos!
ReplyDeleteYour hat is gorgeous too :-)